We leave footprints behind for our children to trace. those footprints today are indelible (thanks to the digital world) and not washed away by time and memory or filtered through the perspectives and foggy recollections of others.
I’ve written about this before, but it [...]
My mother was a good Catholic lady who was always very concerned about appearances. She worried constantly about what the neighbours might think. In fact, she worried too much about what they thought. I honestly felt that mindset was becoming something of the past, but if it ever was in decline it seems social media [...]More... →
A young blogger has started a bit of a tempest in a teapot over her POV that you’ve got to be under 25 to get social media. Here’s my rebuttal.More... →
A brand is just a logo. It’s the people behind that brand which make it what it is. If those people managing and working behind that brand understand the value of good products, good services and good relationships, that brand will succeed. Social media has made this all too apparent in today’s hyper-connected world where [...]More... →
No matter how crooked the road may get or how hard the journey may be, I always come home to you. You, my darling wife, you, are where I live. And living there, I know no matter how stubborn or selfish or lost I may become, in your eyes there is a candle lit always [...]More... →
Community management is NOT about telling people which houses the new freeway off ramp is going to go through. Community management is about being involved and interacting with the members. And yes, sometimes you do have to make some hard choices and take the heat. But..More... →
I’ve been debating if I should buy a tablet. In fact, I’ve even considered scrapping my old desktop PC and going with a tablet instead. After some amount of research, I found that I just couldn’t completely convince myself that this was the right way to go. So, I’ve decided on an interim solution! I’ve [...]More... →
New media can learn a lot from old media…
It may surprise you that social media shares some qualities with the more traditional medium of radio. Obviously the technology is very different, but there is a good deal which bloggers and social media people can learn from radio done right.
Here are five key things [...]More... →
I brought along a camera and conducted about 17 interviews with some of the thought leaders in attendance.
I think you’ll find them very worthwhile!
There’ll be more [...]More... →
Subscribe for Automatic Updates!
- @doctorcrowe But allow me to say that I do respect your opinion and would enjoy skyping or chatting about social and marketing anytime sir. 14 minutes ago
- @doctorcrowe Have to disagree with your claim Coke is not a normal company. That's your opinion. Definition of normal is also subjective;) 18 minutes ago
- @doctorcrowe And re: your previous comment re: my ref to peace signs. Those who were there do not see them as flipant :). Perspective is key 24 minutes ago
- @doctorcrowe You assume too much my friend. My opinion is based on years of experience and interaction with many brands. 27 minutes ago
- @MikeRussellDJ Truth! Only the truth! I've done good interviews and bad and this one (thanks to you) was stellar. 1 hour ago